If so, let’s figure out how we can deal with this together. Action will help us combat our initial reaction of anger.
1. We have to admit that we are angry.
2. Define our anger.
3. Ask ourselves the questions, “Is the anger harming us?” and “Is there something we can do about it?”
4. If there is something we can do about it, find resources to use so that we positively channel the anger rather than letting it drive us.
5. While addressing the issues, be sure to take care of ourselves first.
6. Balance our lives with: relaxation, fun, and/or anything that distracts us from the feelings of anger.
7. If the issues making us angry affect others, contact them, and then join with them to resolve those issues. Encourage and thank them for their efforts.
8. Never give up.
9. Keep going forward.
~ Sharon Rule